End of the Year





End of the Year

Related image

Can't believe another year flew by... Today is officially the last day of 2017 and I get my December Blues. nd reach my What have I done this year? What accomplishments have I made? Am I proud of myself for what I have done this year? I tend to be more critical about myself and point out more things to improve than the achievements I have made. Or, it may be my natural self-actualizing tendency which just drives me to try and reach my full potential. (I sound like Carl Rogers).

When I was evaluating myself in the mid 2017, I was content with how I was doing. I had few health concerns. I tried to keep up with all my doctor's visits and make sure that my health conditions get better. As aforementioned in my other posts, I got married this year; I still consider this the largest milestone in my life, more so than graduation, first job, etc. I also started reading and writing more. As part of my long term goal, I wish to publish a essay/book. I still need to read a lot more, write a lot more, gain more experience, know the interests of others, and many more.

I also was able to experience many great restaurants (primarily in the city of New York). I attribute all these great experience to my husband, the true "foodie".  I consider each dining experience... 1) as a show, where we get to see how the food has come to where it is, the nice plating and presentation for each meal 2) an interesting and informative lesson as to how the chef came up with the food, the background and history of certain ingredients, etc. I also learned a lot about different dining etiquettes that I have never experienced previously. But!! We will need to start saving a lot more as a married couple.

As with everyone else, I always have my new years resolutions. The "new year new me" thing never lasted longer than planned. If it was as planned, I shouldn't be carrying on the same resolutions every year.

I still have few hours of 2017 remaining, but I want to say 2017 "was" an interesting year since I have been ready to start new year. I know so many things are awaiting in this new 2018. I will discuss more as to how I want my 2018 to look like.

*I just wrote it without putting too much thoughts so please excuse all the grammatical mistakes and incoherence*

Comments

Popular Posts