Long Distance Relationship (LDR)


Long Distance Relationship

Image result for long distance relationship


I was never a firm believer of long distance relationships. Why would the phrase "out of sight out of mind" come into place if relationships worked out so well without having to see each other? More people than we think probably experienced and encountered that situation, and now it has happened so many times that it is used as cliche phrase. So, when some people told me that the distance cannot keep the love apart, my initial thoughts would be... 'why would someone keep a LDR when they can very well find another person in a closer proximity?' Can you actually call it a relationship or can someone say that they are madly in love when they cannot see each other frequently enough?' I always had negative view towards LDR, and it's leading to a happy ending was always a fairy tale to me... and I was pretty confident that I would not get into one... until not too long ago.

Image result for long distance relationship

LDR wasn't a deal breaker for me, but it was definitely a reason for me to choose another person (who would not require LDR) over someone who would... There are numerous limitations to what a couple cannot do when they are not physically together, and that did not parallel with my definition of relationship goals. I want to "spend time together"... go to a movie theater to watch movie, not discuss about it over the phone; I want to eat and make dinner together than send pictures of what I ate. I thought the more time couples spend time together positively correlated with stronger relationship bonds.
Image result for long distance relationship

Fast forwarding to the year 2017, my current relationship status proves all the aforementioned thoughts wrong. Who knew I will start a long distance relationship although I was at a state of mind where I could not make clear decisions... (my husband is a regular reader of my post :P) and most of all... who knew I will be involved in something called Long Distance Marriage.
Image result for long distance relationship



Love does make you go blind, and distant cannot keep the lovers apart. The important part of the whole discussion comes down to... who are you in a relationship with? If I appreciate my one hour with person A more than my entire life with person B, it contradicts my previous point that the more time spent together leads to stronger bond. I did not know I was a texter who texts the most random stuff throughout the day, nor did I realize that I can be on the phone for hours and hours without having to talk about anything special in particular.
Image result for long distance relationship

LDR is definitely not easy, as you cannot physically be with the person at times you need them. As much as it is important for lovers to provide support, a greater part is providing emotional support. When the lovers are apart, they share meaningful thoughts and feelings. When the lovers finally get to see each other  after long anticipation, they do not take those time for granted. They cherish each moment and make the best out of the allotted time. 

The point is... LDR can be tough and sometimes you strongly pray for it to end. However, when you meet someone who makes it worthwhile by filling in the gap with abundant love and care, it makes a strongly opinionated person like me change my mind. If you are lucky enough to have found your soulmate, it is worth anything to keep the relationship whether it be distance or oppositions. Cherish all the memories and appreciate every moment in life!

Image result for long distance relationship
(Just a little blurb: Long distance friendship is a little different. I believe friendship can be well maintained despite distance or frequent interactions, not to mention that I haven't texted my best friends in months... :P)



Comments

Popular Posts